When you look at illnesses that are not very good for your furry friend, you are likely looking at something that can be stressful. The parvovirus is one of the most terrifying of these, because, without the correct treatment, parvo can result in a painful death for your dog. That being said, what are the signs of parvo in dogs and what sorts of things do you want to make sure that you look out for when you see them get sick for any reason?
There are some things with this disease that cross over from other options, but it’s important to remember that there are a lot of ways that you can deal with this. Some of the signs can include, but are not limited to, the following:
– If your dog seems to have run out of energy or is lethargic, then they may be struggling with parvovirus.
– Vomiting that is severe and that you can’t get under control in any way.
– Loss of appetite when they would normally be eating quite a bit and enjoying it.
– Stinky stools that are runny and that don’t seem to be consistent in how they work or how they come out.
– Dehydration and other similar concerns and worries.
So, if your dog is sick and you’re noticing some, if not all, of these signs, then you definitely need to make sure that you talk to your vet. They can help you to work through everything and make sure that you get the help that you need so that your pet can get through this. Check out your options, see what your vet says, and work toward helping your furry friend to be the healthiest pet that they can be, no matter what.